JOIN OUR MAILING LISTWe don’t spam or share your information with anyone else
DIVA LATEST NEWS
Top 5 Marketing Tips For Small Businesses
With Small Business Saturday fast approaching, on the 5th December, we have decided to help the 5 million small businesses participating in the UK by giving them 5 top tips for how to excel in a busy market!
1. Create A Professional Website – A professional website is one of the most undervalued aspects of a successful business. You can use sites like WordPress to easily set up your own professional website for free, although you do have to pay for certain features such as a custom domain name (which can be effective in reinforcing your brand and company name). If prospects want to find out more about your company a professional website can make or break whether they choose to buy from you.
2. Encourage Reviews – Encouraging customers to leave reviews can do several things. Receiving positive reviews presents a strong image of your company and receiving negative reviews gives you the opportunity to change customers’ opinions. Reviews can also give you accurate ideas of what your customers truly think of you, giving you an idea of what you are doing right and what you are doing wrong. You can use various review sites such as Yelp or TrustPilot, but Facebook and Google+ are also quite effective for reviews, with Google+ showing them on Google search if you are signed up to Google My Business.
3. Launch Competitions – A good way to increase exposure of your business is through running competitions. Competitions can be on social media, email, in-store or even at charity events. The main aim of a competition is to get more people to hear about your brand. Successful competitions via social media vary depending on what industry your business is in but most of the time it is a good idea to sponsor your update, whether that be on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn or another platform.
4. Keep Track Of Your Competitors – How well your competitors are performing is a massive aspect of business – if they’re performing well this means less customers for you and if they’re performing badly then more opportunity for you. It’s a good idea to monitor your competitors on a regular basis to not only see how they’re doing but so you can see what they’re doing. What we mean by this is you can see what kind of campaigns they’re running, any offers or competitions they’re running and then you can use them to create similar types of campaigns. You can also analyse their prices to make sure you always have more cost-effective offers for customers than they do - don’t be scared to let people know that your prices are better!
5. Don’t Ignore Email Marketing – Email Marketing is still one of the biggest aspects of marketing. People seem to think that social media has taken over but this is not true – 44% of email recipients made at least one purchase last year based on a promotional email. Good techniques of email marketing are sending regular newsletters or blogs that can include any type of fresh or topical content relevant to your mailing list; it’s also a good idea to advertise any events or competitions that are coming up. If you are new to email marketing or want some general tips on how to make the most of it, you can read our Digital Marketing Executive’s blog – How To Use Email Marketing For Beginners.
Don’t forget we are running a competition to celebrate Small Business Saturday – for your chance to win 1000 free texts to promote your small business through a bulk text messaging campaign, simply like our pinned LinkedIn update.
Small Business Saturday takes place on Saturday 5th December, make sure you join in the online conversation using #SmallBizSaturdayUK and visit their website to find out more information on how you can make the most of the day.
0845 telephone #numbers are #nationally recognised and not tied to one geographic location - give your #business a… https://t.co/9U518RRw3z
Scheduling a last minute meeting with people around the #world is now possible – read more here:… https://t.co/tOafFctp9Q
RT @InvestLCR: We’re delighted to have been shortlisted for @Channel4 National HQ #4AlltheUK #4Sparks https://t.co/c4wxzgtFiy
RT @DigiEntLEP: We offer dedicated mentoring support to businesses across the #LeedsCityRegion to help boost confidence via a mixture of fa…
RT @workspace_hub: As Kool & The Gang once said, 'Let's celebrate!' Can you believe Workspace Hub is going to be one year old?! We'd love f…
92% of workers blame slow #internet and crashing for losing approx 30 minutes of work each day. With a #Gigabit… https://t.co/fgWeBdgVU5
Don’t fear that last minute dash to be on time to a #meeting – with #DivaConferencing you can simply dial in from y… https://t.co/hBwTuwnSh7
"Desk space, #Gigabit and coffee" Our customers @InfinityWorks discuss how the Gigabit #connection has become one o… https://t.co/nlg3q8VVFr
RT @GigabitMiniDiva: If you haven't opted in to see our marketing messages please avert your eyes to the image on the left 👀 #GDPRday #mar…
Is your business ready for a digital transformation? Read our blog and see if your business could receive up to £10… https://t.co/FR4KI8siiz